Saturday, March 24, 2007

One dollar left...

There is a plastic bag on my kitchen table containing lots of stuffed, addressed and stamped envelopes, soon to be sent to supporters. As I was adding up the cost of everything I would potentially need to buy in order to print and send these letters, I had to turn to a fund I had inadvertantly been creating since June. You see, all summer I saved my spare change. This was so successful that I kept that cash in a jar with a Brazil wristband covering it, and continued to save change during this school year. After a brief visit to Coinstar (which is a bit of a scam, I might add) I had collected nearly $80 in total. Surely this would be more than enough.

While buying a roll of 100 stampes today at the post office, you do the math on that one, I handed the cashier the last of my long-saved money. The total was $39 and I gave her $40. She handed me one dollar in return and I realized that after all the purchases I made so carefully and frugally, including ink cartridges, two different kinds of envelopes, card stock, and stamps, I had spent only one dollar less than what I had.

At that realization, I just had to laugh. God so carefully planned everything that He knew how much I would need and made sure to give me just that amount. There will be more costs in the future of course, but I trust those will be amply provided for in just the same way. He is good, He knows exactly what we need, and we give Him glory when we trust Him for those needs. It is my pleasure to continue to lean and rely on Him as the days and months go on and the dollar amounts will need to go up and up.
He is faithful and is glad to bless His dear children!!

No comments: