Thursday, July 19, 2007

YES!

Thank you for all of your prayers - My visa has arrived!!

I applied for a 5 year visa, but only received one for 90 days. This can be renewed once I arrive in Brazil for another 90 days, so this should not affect my plans for this trip. However, when I return home in February and want to turn around and go back, I'm not sure what I will do. Thankfully though, the Lord knows and He is only expecting me to obey now and GO to Brazil. So I will!!

I leave on August 14th, which is SO CLOSE it's starting to scare me! I have been slaving over licking and stamping envelopes, making packing lists, formulating plans to go shopping for luggage and other necessities, and also trying to see everyone I possibly can before I go. It's stressful in such a wonderful way.

I can't wait to finally arrive in Iguassu Falls and see Joaquim and his family, and then start my work with OMS at the end of August! This is a dream come true, and I'm sure I will feel that way for the next 7 months.

For those 7 months to truly be that way, I still need a lot of prayer about the visa extension. It's in the Lord's hands, and I know He knows what He's doing...but I'm not sure that I know right now. Please pray that I will be able to stay for a full 6 months without any trouble.

Thank you all so much, and please expect to receive a letter from me soon with more great details about my mission!

No comments: