Friday, April 27, 2007

Time to cross fingers...

"God always ignores your present level of completeness in favor of your ultimate future completeness. He is not concerned about making you blessed and happy right now, but He's continually working out His ultimate perfection for you." -Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest.

I have certainly seen this to be true in my life recently. It's all about delayed gratification for me.

Along these lines, I am going to make the phonecall that will begin my Visa application process on Monday. As this grows nearer, I grow increasingly terrified that I will not be approved.

In situations like this, it is both necessary and comforting to remember that God is working out His ultimate perfection in me, and this is all for His good.
And He is good.

Pray for continued trust in Him and a supernaturally easy visa process, that does not result in the heartbreak I so fear.

No comments: