Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Camp?

Tomorrow afternoon we leave for the camp, which starts on Friday. It looks like I'll just be a "gofer" as I have gotten good at being, and will also take pictures and video. So that will be fine, and it should be fun, with lots of games and some time in the pool. Bring on the Brazilian "winter" sun, is what I say!

I've been feeling much better today...thank you for your prayers. I have been able to rest a lot the last few days, I took Tylenol PM last night and got a great night's sleep, and then took a long nap today. I think, despite my wishes to be well and energetic, I really need to take it slow. That won't be possible at the camp, but I'm glad I got to spend some time saving energy beforehand.

The great news of the day is that I will definitely be beginning Portuguese classes on Monday morning. Monday - Friday, 3 hours a day. That's 15 hours of Portuguese every week. That's like an entire semester courseload, all in this delicious language that I am surrounded by every day. Will I be speaking soon? Yes, yes I will. I could NOT be more excited about that.

Right after I wrote my tale of woe about my visa on Monday, someone called Gwen's apartment, and ended up talking to me for a few minutes. He is also a missionary here, he lives a few blocks away, and when he asked how long I would be here, and I explained my situation, he immediately told me that Gwen is great at getting visas renewed, and she "knows everyone." I'm still not sure what that means, and she didn't seem to really understand my situation, because I think most people were assuming I had a 5 year visa, not ONLY a 90 day visa...but all I can do is trust that God knows what He's doing.

I have read Psalm 145 and 146 in the last 2 days, and they have been so encouraging. Oh, how much God deserves our praise! Psalm 145 talks about how He gives everything on earth their food at the proper time. 146 says how He even feeds the ravens when they cry out to Him. How much more does he care for us? The biggest point there is "at the proper time."......of course I don't always want to accept that, but He really knows what He is doing.

For now, I need to go to sleep and prepare for a weekend where anything could happen...but I'm glad that I'm feeling better and that we serve the God we do...He is SO good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetheart. I totally understand the comments about Psalm 146. I don't like to wait for God's proper time either. (Does anyone? Maybe your mom - she is probably more gracious than me!) Remember the calligraphy Uncle Keith did on our living room walls - it is a similar verse from Matthew. I wanted it up so I can be reminded every day that God will provide what I need (not always what I think I want!). For me - it is the waiting and wondering if we will ever have kids. Although I don't know if or when, this is what I do know...God is faithful. God is good. And God loves me (and you!) very much. When I walk through the "I don't get this" times of life, that is what I hold onto. Know that we are thinking of you and loving you VERY much. Take care of yourself (saying this in my best auntie voice...listen to your body and what it is telling you!). Email us if you need anything. Much love, Aunt Mimi