Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Comedy or Tragedy?

UPDATE
Well the doctor gave me some allegra, and told me to buy new detergent and just pay attention to things. Basically he just said "it's easy to treat, but hard to diagnose." Wonderful. So, I bought some detergent for babies. Yes, baby laundry detergent. The lady at the checkout register was joking about it and then Celia was seizing the opportunity as well. At least some laughter was had at my expense. I must admit, my life felt like a bad comedy yesterday. Joaquim and I walked to a nice park, we were sitting on a bench talking, and then half of my upper lip decides to explode. What is THAT? I don't know, but I haven't had any more hives since this morning, and it all seems to be coming under control.

As for now, I'm off to Portuguese lessons. The fun never stops...
--


I'm afraid I'm not here for a very substantial update, but I wanted to ask for all of your prayers...I've been getting terrible hives for the last 48 hours or so, and this morning when I woke up, whatever this allergic reaction is had caused my lips to swell up like balloons. While this is hilarious, it's also rather serious. I was supposed to teach my first English class at WEBB this morning, but I really didn't feel comfortable going out by myself in case something else should happen, heaven forbid. Unfortunately I had to cancel that, which really is terrible, but I just really need to see a doctor asap, basically. So as soon as they open, Gwen is going to give them a call, and we'll see what we can do. I also took 2 benadryl, which I'm pretty sure is 1 more than the recommended dose, so now I'm off to take a nap...

I'll write more after the doctor's visit...at the moment, I wouldn't care what they told me was wrong with me, as long as I can KNOW.

No comments: