Thursday, October 11, 2007

v-i-c-t-o-r-y!!

Let me never ever forget that God is good! It looks like I will definitely be able to renew my visa to stay until February. Not through February, but until...and that's amazing.

I was talking with Gwen a few days ago about a possible trip to Assis Chateaubriand in early November, and she came up with a brilliant idea. She suggested that I just try and get my visa renewed while I'm there, because apparently they know of OMS too well here in Londrina. She was explaining that they don't like to renew a tourist visa for someone they know is doing more than touring. And since Gwen would be with me, and they know she works with OMS, they would be less likely to grant it for me. So I presented this idea to Joaquim, and he thought about some possibilities, a time and a place we could go, etc. I felt better about the idea that I could really say I was touring, my family wanted to visit, I was going to spend Christmas with friends, and I knew I would be able to avoid questions like what I've been doing with Gwen so far.

Then yesterday afternoon I talked with Joaquim and he said "Well, I talked to Milton at the Policia Federal today." Umm, who is Milton? Apparently Milton used to live in Assis, but now lives in Cascavel, the closest city with a Federal Police (where I need to go) and Joaquim explained my situation to him, and he said he would gladly sign for my visa renewal. So we're going in on November 5th, he gave Joaquim 3 different numbers to reach him so he could definitely be there to sign for me, and voila...my renewal will be granted for another 90 days.

HELLO, this is such an answer to prayer! I'm amazed at the wonderful turn of events and can clearly see God's hand in it. I would never have thought to try in Cascavel...I would never have thought to call ahead and get a definite answer. I've heard many times that in such beaurocracy cases, it really pays to know someone but I thought I didn't know someone. As it turns out, Milton is my new best friend. God has some great ideas, that's for sure, and it is all going to be great.

So, the Allen family will be traveling to Brazil for Christmas, and we are going to have a marvelous time in the incredible heat...bring your bathing suits. And a snowball.

2 comments:

arrested.by.grace said...

HOORAy!! Praise the Lord, He is good!

Congratulations dear! And thank you for the P.S. on your email so that I didn't nearly have a heart attack while getting to your blog. =)

I will see you in February then?

Unknown said...

Praise the LOOOOOORD. I'd better start savin' me pennnnies!