Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day One

In March of 2006, I sat in this same spot, writing on a TWO blog about our team's time at Lar Batista. Now I'm here again, using my own laptop, trying to avoid being locked into the house, and frantically updating everyone on the last two days of my life.

Everything else went just fine with airplanes and traveling. I made it here last night around 9:30 or 10 and was happy just to be able to take a shower. I settled into my room, and when I went to turn on the water I was a little shocked. No really, I mean I got shocked. All the faucets had a small amount of electric current running through them. I took a shower at Joaquim's sister's house, and then this morning used a different bathroom in the guest house that wasn't so electrified. So funny.

It's been so crazy to be here, but I can't even explain how natural and normal it feels...everything. Not much has been happening yet, more to come soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine, this blog is fabulous. You're such a good writer anyway, so it feels like I'm right there! Oh gosh it'll be weird to not see you at TU this week, but you're having a life experience. Enjoy it! I miss you already!

Anonymous said...

We love you Christine. Know that we pray for you and are excited to see what God has in store for you. Love, Aunt Mimi

Anonymous said...

Loved your comments about Day One. But what is happenig since then? We are so curious.
Love, Grandma